ICBO 2016 submissions (NOW OPEN)
ICBO 2016 is inviting scientific papers and extended conference abstracts. In addition to the invited talks, the program committee and the workshop organizers will be inviting selected number of talks for the plenary sessions. A draft agenda can be found here. On the second day (August 2) morning session will be run jointly with the BioCreative group.
SUBMISSION TYPES All CLOSED
|Submission Type||Page limit||Suggested Content|
Posters and Demos
Include screenshots and links to tools, resources and demos
Posters: A poster abstract describes formative work, early or preliminary results, late-breaking developments, minor refinements to existing ontologies proposed or planned applications of ontologies to particular use cases, and the opportunity to showcase mature work in a visual format.
Demos: Demonstrations showcase innovative uses of ontologies and engage the audience providing a deeper understanding of how the software works, how different parts of the system interact, and the ways in which ontologies form a core aspect of the solution.
Short Papers (including Early career Papers)
Students/post-docs/junior faculty should be the first authors
|An early career track paper describes mentored work in the field of ontology carried out by a student (undergraduate and graduate), post-doctoral fellow or junior faculty (within 5 years of appointment), who must be the first author on the paper. This category of paper gives early career ontologists the opportunity to benefit from constructive criticism, feedback, and advice from a broad audience of senior scientists and practitioners in the field. Selected early career papers will be promoted to main track of conference while still being designated as having come through early career submissions.|
|Up to 6 pages||
A scientific paper may describe a major advance in the field of biological and biomedical ontologies. It can report and/or discuss a new ontology, a major revision or extension to an existing ontology, new applications of an existing ontology or a potentially new ontology, a substantial critique of an existing ontology with a proposed alternative approach, the result of applying an ontology - for example, data interoperability, data sharing, BIG-data analysis, high-throughput methods, novel analytical reasoners, annotated resources, etc. Minor additions and/or refinements to an existing ontology are not appropriate.
A scientific paper may also describe thorough analysis of foundational issues in biological and biomedical ontologies without the requirement for a use case or specific application domain. Advancements and innovations in the field benefit from theoretical analysis and discussion.
- For your convenience use the template with formatting that is provided as MS Word file, but works should be submitted on the above mentioned EasyChair website in the PDF format. Please adhere carefully to the page length requirements as mentioned in the table above.
- Select the submission type listed in the table above and prepare your submission by saving it in the PDF format.
- Go to ICBO EasyChair site https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icbo2016. All submissions must include a short meeting abstract. The website requires you to login
- If you are submitting the work for Day-2 (August 2) joint session of ICBO and BioCreative (BioCreative session #4), please use the EasyChair website link provided.
- In order to have your accepted submission included in the proceedings of the meeting, at least one author from each paper must register for the meeting.
- Where authors are involved in more than one submission, a distinct author must register for each accepted paper.
3/09/2016 Pre/Post-meeting Workshop and tutorial proposal submission deadline [CLOSED]
3/15/2016 Call for Papers: Present your work at ICBO 2016
3/15/2016 Notification of acceptance of workshops and tutorial proposals
4/25/2016 Scientific paper submission deadline
5/05/2016 Scientific paper submission deadline (New Deadline)
5/15/2016 Scientific paper submission deadline (Final Deadline)
4/25/2016 Software demo, early career, and workshop paper submission deadline 5/05/2016 Software demo, early career, and workshop paper submission deadline (New Deadline) 5/15/2016 Software demo, early career, and workshop paper submission deadline (Final Deadline)
5/15/2016 Poster abstract submission deadline(Deadline Approaching)
6/15/2016 Notification of software demo, early career, and workshop paper acceptance
6/15/2016 Notification of scientific paper acceptance
6/15/2016 Notification of acceptance of posters
7/01/2016 Deadline for all camera-ready copies for the proceedings
8/01/2016 ICBO 2016